Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rock-On-inov!

Do you know that means? (Besides the fact that Danielle is capable of creating bad puns from the names of Russian composers...) I have officially jumped on the Rachmaninov/Rachmaninoff bandwagon! It all started with a four-CD set of various composers, including Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninov and a few others. *is in awe*

Okay okay! I know ya'll are hanging on the edge of your seats for the next part of the Columbus the Pigeon saga, so here it is:

...He realizes that THE PERFECT THING TO PAINT is his family! So he goes home and does just that; finishing with only a few days before the contest to spare. However, life isn't carefree for Columbus yet. Just when he thought he was safe, the evil alley cat, Dominic Dupont (yes I am proud of my alliterative names), slashes the painting to pieces.

The End

...

Okay, that's not REALLY the end, that's coming in the next post, along with the pictures of Columbus I have been doodling on every spare scrap of paper I have. >:-) I feel so maniacal. :D

Soooo...We went to this really big, really lovely church called "Christ the King (CTK) Community Church". It was really "AAAAHHH!!! THIS IS A BIG CHURCH!" *dazzle* at first (which induced me to, upon seeing the auditorium seating in the sanctuary, dubiously remark that "Maybe we should've bought tickets..."). Thankfully, the entire attitude of the church seems very much to be that they would rather encourage and enlighten, and never entertain. So, it was much good; we shall probably be attending that church.

Raaaandom updates are...well, random! Here are some more random updates to finish it off:

-Valentine's Day confuses me.
-Facebook occassionally annoys me.
-I really enjoy drawing pigeons. I mean, REALLY enjoy...
-My family and I are participating in Lent.
-One of the horsies is gone for a competition, which means that the other is looking wistfully towards the road, wondering sadly..."Rosie, light of my life, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE???!!!"
-Algebra doesn't like me, and the feeling is quite mutually returned.
-American Idol is a worthless show. And yet, we continue to watch it and laugh/occasionally empathize with the poor people who put themselves out on a limb, and get sawn off by the ruthlessly sharp tongues of the...er, not very nice judges. :)
-I want to watch the Illusionist.

I miss everyone. :(

But I'd rather end on a happy note!

:)

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Hurrah!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian composers (though Beethoven, Mozart, and Liszt especially are super duper, as well. Dear Me. I hope they're not rolling in their graves at being termed "super duper".
We miss you, too! Say hullo to the horsies!

Gabriel said...

Hurrah for the Bandwagon! Now we must conquer the world! Muhahahaha

Seriously though, we miss you too.

And I can't wait for the next part of the Pigeon saga! =]