Thursday, December 18, 2008

...

Some of you might remember the children's book, The Adventures of Columbus the Pigeon, that I was writing/illustrating a while back.

Well, the people at Landmark Editions (the company that was hosting the contest) didn't contact us by the last day they said they would if it won (aka Doomsday). We thusly assumed that it hadn't won and eagerly awaited the return of the darned thing. :)

However,

however,

HOWEVVVVERRRR....

They emailed TODAY and wrote the following message:

"We are pleased to advise you that [her] book has been chosen to be published in our PUBLISHER'S CHOICE GOLD AWARD LINE. Such books are ones which have not won outright, but one which we feel strongly about doing and ones we would hate to see the public miss out on and [her] book is certainly one of those. It was a tough decision on our part, because we would be pleased to send to print any and all of the top five in each category. After great deliberation, we have decided to bring it forward in print form."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Is all I have to say about that! :D I think this means that I get to visit Kansas for like, two weeks to finish it up. WOOHOO KANSAS!

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Hurrah!!!
Congratulations! :D Will we be able to buy a copy some day?

Gabriel said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is very very happy my friend!

Gabriel said...

oh shucks, I had about a page of AAAAAAHHHHHH,s typed out, but they wouldn't show it. ;) Still, I've been giving my lungs a workout for the past 5 minutes! =D =D When it's published you must tell us where we can buy a copy!

Joycelyn Choo said...

YAY FOR DANIELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =] =] =] =] =] =]

Blarney said...

You are all such lovely people; thank you sooooo much for being so happy with/for me!! ^_^ I wish we could frolic or bound or leap together or something...

(And Gabriel, please don't hurt your lungs! :)

Calvin said...

YAY!!!!!!!!YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Miss Lemon said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Congrats my dear! That is so exciting!!!!! I'll have to buy a copy (signed of course by you!)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bambi said...

I know I am a little late but, HOORAY!!!!!! :D:D:D:D