Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vengeance via Doodles!

It was blindingly sunny and warm; and the most sublime of spring breezes was blowing through campus. The blazing silk grass and wispy blue skies bespoke our coming rebirth into summer...

At least, it was that way yesterday. Today Washington decided to live up to its stereotypical fickleness and BLESS US with a cold shock and frigid cloudy winds. >_<

So, in resentment *cough* of you California people who seem to have warm weather right now, I am going to throw a bucketload of various doodles at you. :D My apologies!

First up, a work-in-progress of some weird-looking people from Naruto (The samurai-turned-Batman fellow is my favorite):



Second, another WIP of Silver; the heroine of my imaginary graphic novel, Blight (named for and inspired partially by Hopkins' poem Spring and Fall):



And lastly, our favorite manly man (ahahah), Howl. This one I did while nearly falling asleep at school, which is why it's so horrible:


Whee! I hope you're all enjoying your warm weather! *not bitter* ^_^

P.S. If you click on the pictures, you can see their wretched mistakes even closer up! :D

6 comments:

Christian said...

Howl -- of Miyazaki fame??


Mr. "I give up... I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful..."?

Quite the archetypical machismo...
:P

MK Reynolds said...

hehe, Howl is got to be one of the best characters ever. :)

I like these doodles!

Gabriel said...

Haha, where'd you learn Chinese? =]

Blarney said...

That's the one! :)

(We totally need to watch the abridged version this summer...)

I don't know any Chinese at all, hah! (The kanji are identical in Japanese and Chinese, right? Do they mean generally the same thing between languages?) The characters in that picture are from the Land of Wind, so they get the symbol for kaze/wind. (Any Japanese I pretend to know is entirely in the context of Naruto, hah! ^_^)

Calvin said...

I love your pictures! :D

TGA said...

Hooray for art of original characters! I still really like the border on that one, too. 'Tis neat. :)