Saturday, November 17, 2007

Usquequaque...

...means "utterly", in Latin. It is a lovely word, and accurately describes my current mode of living. I am utterly thankful for being utterly happy, utterly sick, and utterly busy, and am utterly uttering these things to you. :D

I have spent the past week (in perfect physical health) moaning and groaning about pretty much everything and being melancholy. As of coming home from school yesterday, I found out that I was sick...

For some reason, I am utterly happy and thankful for life now!

And in Torrey we had the magnificent Thanksgiving devotional by Mr. Bartel, in which we discussed gratitude, seeing things for what they truly are (i.e., God's creation), and (I think) God's gift of life to us (initiation courtesty of Mr. Chesterton and his "Crazy Tale").

I wonder if part of being grateful for God's creation is enjoying it? As my teacher mentioned, we should certainly not idolize anything, but perhaps we end up idolizing something because we do not look long enough at it. Should we then look and enjoy and learn all the more?

There are so many amazing things to learn from God! I know that's a "Captain-Obvious" thing to say, but I haven't said or understood it nearly enough. Maybe seeing what's right under our noses, and realizing that they are important, is the first step towards seeing things properly at all.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

(Oh, and anyone who likes pretty, fluffy comics with Russian-named characters, they should read "The Phoenix Requiem", at http://requiem.seraph-inn.com/. It is happy. :)

2 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

I like your pretty blog. :)
And I like you! :)
MKR

blarney said...

Mkr is too nice to me. Why am I so blessed with kind and lovely and good friends?