Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh, the violins!

Or the violence...or whatever. :)

My sister is soon to be taking violin lessons, so we have rented out a lovely little violin named Monique.

So...beautiful...

My ultimate goal is to play the cello, so I have been fiddling around (har har) with Monique to see how she feels. Since she's a rather nice violin, it's fairly easy to get a good tone (on open strings, anyways), and it's glorious to hear the potential for beautiful music. Stringed instruments seem to be among the most human-sounding of the musical world, when played well.

And I just taught myself the D Major scale, which makes me way prouder than necessary. :D Now I need to learn Country Road, for those of you who have seen Whisper of the Heart and know how awesome Seiji is. :)

College starts September 22nd! Now we get to learn the principles of evolution...hurrah...If you could remember to lift up a prayer for both boldness and love; I am afraid of strengthening the bad name people have given Christianity.

May Christ be with you always, dear friends.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

:D Mmm..."Stringed instruments seem to be among the most human-sounding of the musical world, when played well."
:D :D :D (Seiji and Whisper of the Heart are super super wonderful!)
College??

Gabriel said...

Listen to Jacqueline DuPre's performance of Elgar's Cello Concerto. That is my favorite Cello Piece. If I were ever to learn Cello, I would learn it to play that piece. And Bach's Cello suites... =]

Calvin said...

which sister? =D