Tuesday, January 29, 2008

100% Humidity GUARANTEED!!!

...or not. So there we were; steeling ourselves for potential flooding and/or lots and lots of water falling from the sky, and what do we get? SNOW!!! Tons and tons of freezing, falling, flaky white snow!! I WANT A REFUND!!!

Just kidding. I love the snow and its chilliness. It was simply ironic to be expecting the legendary rains of Washington, and getting snowed into a house that has no Internet =o (though I have Internet now). Or washer/dryer. (BIG =0)

In other news:
-It is nice to have horses in your front yard, especially when your landlord pays you 50 dollars a month to feed them twice a day. :D
-It is not nice, however, to be in a bonafide country-fried town where your closest neighbor is half an acre away, and all the rest are at least four acres away. Much more difficult to make friends that way.
-It is also difficult to go anywhere to meet people when you are snowed in.
-Torrey is good. I miss it a lot.
-Friends are good. I miss them SO MUCH that I neglected most of my school today due to staring at the ceiling from my bed in a desperate attempt to fight off maniacal depression. It was quite a dramatic battle. Polyatomic ions (Chemistry!) are never as interesting as when you have so many other melancholy things to dwell on!
-Laundry is good. Too bad we can't do any, because our town doesn't even really have a laundromat, and it would take 10 minutes to get to it anyways.
-
-
-
-
More depressed and angstily composed thoughts...
-
-
-
-
-OKAY! Here's the good part about Washington, since I can't seem to think of any others. It is by God's grace that I am here, safe and sound, in a beautiful state. It is by God's grace that I can see his beauty in so many ways that smoggy L.A. would never allow. It is by God's grace that I am here to do as He pleases, and by God's grace I will certainly complete His pleasure!

It is by God's grace that I have friends I can turn to, a family who loves me and whom I love, and a future which he has planned for me.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. I love and miss you all, and hope you are well.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

=] Horsies!!! How many? Are they big? How big is your front yard!!!??? Again, it is very good to be hearing from you. =] I shall pray for you....and your laundry machines...=] But seriously, I hope you are well and will pray for your struggles and for your joys. God Bless. =]

blarney said...

Two horsies! And they are very big until you get to know them better...(but they are still rather big). Our front yard is about...four acres longish? And prayer for laundry machines is perfectly wonderful! Any prayer at all is very much appreciated; thank you so much Gabriel...God bless you as well. :)